Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Time for rockin the basement!




Just got my copy of Professional Photographer Magazine today. I was featured in an article about how I deal with the pressure of executive and upper management photos (quite well, actually :-) The article was very positive and the magazine goes out to over 20,000 professional photographers who belong to the PPoA (Professional Photographers of America) which is the largest photography trade organization in the United States. The article was written by Ellis Veener, an Atlanta based photographer whom I had the pleasure of meeting a few years ago. The article features photos I shot for PNC Financial, Mellon Bank, Computer World and the United States Chess Association. Thank you, PPoA and Ellis for highlighting my work, career, and philosophies!

Since I speaking of executive portraits, what a better time than this to show rock and roll pictures! These are photos of a garage band called, Fiction on Fire. FoF allowed me to hang out with them and I shot a couple of concerts, backstage going ons, and my favorite... practicing in mom and dad's basement! I just loved the shag carpet, low ceilings, beer posters and advertising on the walls and a velvet painting (not seen in these photos...maybe I'll post more later) Sadly, the band broke up not long after I photographed them but I was thankful for the time spent with them and I'm sure our paths will cross again.

PHOTO QUOTE OF THE DAY: I am always mentally photographing everything as practice-Minor White

No comments: