Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Loving Surviorman...



Never were the words of Bruce Springsteen's song, 57 Channels (and nothin on) more true than today.  Between the writer's strike (they deserve everything they're asking) and endless "reality" television, that has nothing to do with reality; finding something to keep the gray matter occupied for an hour or two is getting tougher.  However, I've found my nirvana with the Surviorman series.  Les Stroud eats dirt, makes fire by rubbing two live rattlesnakes together, and builds shelters out of shoe strings and pocket lint.  Great, great stuff!  Between my short lived Boy Scouting and hunting and camping as a youngster in the Southern tier of New York, ole' Les has struck a cord.  While I never was put in a survival situation, I did loose my bearings a couple of times while out looking for a Bambi to shoot...Seriously, it's a great show to watch and Les loves nature and the outdoors.  Sure, it's a little overproduced at times and you KNOW he's never that far from a satellite phone and ER room, but it's still pretty interesting to me on making due with very little.  A little like, shooting location photography in a bad location...
So in honor of Les and his great show, a couple of wilderness pictures for you today.  It's Half Dome in Yosemite Park, CA.   Ansel, eat your heart out :-)

No comments: